- OIST is suspending all community relations activities until August 31st, 2020 during the current COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. Please continue to check this website, as the information will be updated as the situation changes. We appreciate your understanding.
- For a list of the latest announcements about OIST’s response to COVID-19 refer to the OIST COVID-19 webpage.
- If you are interested in collaborating with us in research and other business, please Contact Us.
We appreciate your understanding.
Guided Campus Tour
- Every Monday, 13:30-14:30
- Every Wednesday, 13:30-14:30
- Every Friday, 13:30-14:30
- Excluding holidays and year-end, new-years (December 29th through January 3rd).
- The length of each tour will be approximately one hour.
- All tours are limited to 20 participants.
- Please reserve by the day before the tour.
Weekend Tours Led by Students
- Every 2nd and 4th Saturday from 13:30 to 14:30
- Please reserve by 5 days in advance. (Monday of the tour week)
- No tours will be offered on holidays and during the New Year break (Dec 29th to Jan 3rd).
- All tours are limited to 20 participants. Reservations will only be taken up to the 20th participant.
- Weekend tours begin July 8th, 2017.
Rules and Guidelines for Campus Visits
Restrictions on Participation
- No visitor under the age of 13 without adult supervision.
- No visitors under the influence of alcohol or behaving in a manner that the institute considers inappropriate for the tour.
The tour in lab areas
In the OIST labs, research and experiments are actively taking place, including experiments which use dangerous chemicals and/or biological samples. Please do follow the guidance from the OIST staff during the tour, and please refrain from interfering with any research or experiments.
Taking photographs and filming is prohibited inside of the lab area unless the OIST staff allows you to do so.
If you do not follow this safety regulation, the OIST staff may decide to discontinue the tour.
Theft and Accidents
OIST accepts no responsibility for incidents of theft or injury that occur inside the facilities or in neighboring areas like parking. Visitors accept responsibility for their possessions and safety.
Damage to the Facilities
At the discretion of the institute, OIST may require reparation for damage to facilities, equipment, etc. caused by visitors.