- OIST campus is open to the public from December 1, 2022!
- Please note that all visiting programs may be suspended depending on the COVID situation. Thank you for your understanding.
OIST Tour for Members of Public
Note: The visiting programs are available from December 1.
Guided Campus Tour
- Every Tuesday 13:30-14:10
- Every Thursday 13:30-14:10
- No tours on Japanese national holidays and during the New Year period (Dec 29th to January 3rd)
- Tunnel Gallery
- Center Building and Skywalk
- Lab areas not included. Thank you for your understanding.
- Tours may not be available during the busy season.
- Capacity: 20 people (will close when capacity is reached).
- Click here to make a reservation (Please submit by the day before the tour).
Unguided Campus Visit
No Reservation Required
No reservation is required. Please sign your name at the reception desk at the main entrance and pick up your pass.
- Monday - Sunday (including national holidays) 9:00 - 17:00
- The year-end and New Year holidays (Dec. 29-Jan. 3).
Area open for public:
- Center Court and the surrounding outdoor area
※Currently, we are not offering online campus tours.
Rules and Guidelines for Campus Visits
1. Restrictions on Participation
No visitor under the age of 13 without adult supervision.No visitors under the influence of alcohol or behaving in a manner that the institute considers inappropriate for the tour.
2. Café and Restaurant
Please note that the café and restaurant are very crowded during the lunch break. We ask for your cooperation in staggering the time, using the terrace seating and benches in the Center Court etc. Please check the opening hours here.
3. Theft and Accidents
OIST accepts no responsibility for incidents of theft or injury that occur inside the facilities or in neighboring areas such as parking. Visitors accept responsibility for their possessions and safety.
4. Damage to the Facilities
At the discretion of the institute, OIST may require reparation for damage to facilities, equipment, etc. caused by visitors.
5. Request for Infectious Disease Prevention
We ask that you cancel the visit if you have cold symptoms. Please take the following basic measures(wear a mask, wash hands and disinfect fingers) against infectious diseases.
Contact：Community Relations Section
Tel 098-966-2184 | Email email@example.com
You can also learn about OIST from this YouTube video.