Technician (II) in Experimental Quantum Information Physics (EQuIP) Unit
Currently the Experimental Quantum Information Physics (EQuIP) Unit at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) Graduate University is leading a government-funded research program, the Moonshot Research and Development Project "Fault-tolerant Quantum Computer with Photonically Interconnected Ion Traps". A successful candidate supports the Project Manager (PM) from a technical and professional standpoint and will be in charge of research and analysis work related to the promotion of the research.
- Provide advice to the PM on relevant research subjects from a theoretical as well as prospective standpoint. Especially about future implementation and architecture of quantum computers using trapped ions.
- Management of the research project and operational support.
- Ph.D in relevant fields or an imminent prospect to obtain one.
- Theoretical knowledge about quantum physics.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- To be able to use Microsoft Office applications.
- To be able to establish smooth communication with researchers and to work cooperatively.
- To be able to identify and improve issues on one's own while efficiently executing multiple projects
- Prior research experience in theoretical AMO physics or quantum information.
- Proficiency in Japanese.
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in English or Japanese, stating your motivation to apply, your research interests, and your aspiration.
- Curriculum vitae in English or Japanese, including a list of publication.
- Names and contact information of at least 2 referees, one of which should be a previous /current employer
*Candidates may be invited to an online (or onsite if adequate) interview with the PI.
*Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).
The position is for two years and can be extended to 1 more year based on performance and mutual agreement. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive).
Working Hours: Discretionary