Account Coordinator (Fundraising)
The Office of the President is seeking an Account Coordinator. Reporting to the Advancement Officer for Japan and Asia, the Account Coordinator will be responsible for developing the basic infrastructure for fundraising operations and building relationships with donors and prospective donors.
- Under the direction of the Advancement Officer in charge of Japan and Asia, perform administrative procedures related to fundraising, confirm deposits and fund transfers, and develop basic operational infrastructure
- Build relationships with donors and prospective donors through emails, phone calls, sending letters, and visits
- Liaise with multiple other teams in English to ensure smooth paperwork and procedures
- Assist with donor research targeting key strategic markets as defined by geography, specific business, industry, and philanthropic culture
- Maintain donor information on a database to support the long-term needs of organizational development work
- Build and brand a donation-related website.
- Plan and organize events that will lead to support and receive guests from abroad.
- At least 3 years of experience in administrative work in the private sector, etc.
- At least 3 years of experience in customer service, sales, or other communication-oriented work.
- Excellent communication skills. 4. motivation, initiative, flexibility, and cooperation.
- Motivated, self-motivated, flexible, and cooperative.
- Native level Japanese and fluent English (TOEC 900 or above) in reading and writing.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid)
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Access to Child Development Center
- Access to Schooling Options
- Language Education
- Resource Center (Daily Life Support in Okinawa)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Applicants whose native language is Japanese are required to submit both documents in English and Japanese.
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to OIST after a conditional offer of employment.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)