Speyer Unit / Postdoctoral Scholar
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
- Engage in ongoing and active independent research.
- Participate in the activities of the Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit
- PhD in Mathematics.
- Speaking/Listening Proficiency in English.
Term & Working Hours
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 year. The contract may be renewed (initially up to 3 years).
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations.
The amount of the annual salary is determined according to the number of years since the candidate acquired a Ph. D degree.
- Relocation, housing, and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Curriculum vitae with e-mail address
- Publication list
- Brief description of your past work and your research interest and also a short explanation of reasons for applying (less than one page)
- 3–5 Reference Letters
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.