Speyer Unit / Postdoctoral Scholar
- Engage in ongoing and active independent research.
- Participate in the activities of the Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit
- PhD in Mathematics.
- Speaking/Listening Proficiency in English.
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations.
The amount of the annual salary is determined according to the number of years since the candidate acquired a Ph. D degree.
- Relocation, housing, and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in English that discusses connection with Dr Speyer’s research interests
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Research Statement in English
- 3–5 Reference Letters
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. The contract may be renewed (initially up to 3 years).