Postdoctoral Scholar Position in Cognitive Neurorobotics Research Unit
We are looking for postdoctoral scholars who are interested in the following research topics:
- Studies of various types of robot learning using recurrent neural network (RNN) models based on predictive coding and active inference frameworks. This could include investigation on more theoretical aspects in these frameworks.
- Studies on developmental robotics with focusing on the problem of generalization through stages of development. We hope that developmental processes during life-time learning spanning for months to years can be observed. This study may use reinforcement learning as well as predictive coding and active inference framework. We are also interested in conducting synthetic neurorobotics modeling studies on developmental disorders including schizophrenia and ASD.
- Studies on developmental social cognition with focusing on the problem of perception of self and others under experiment setup in human-robot or robot-robot contextual, enactive, and multimodal interaction. This study may also incorporate with research outputs from (1) and (2)
- Studies on development of general intelligence by modeling the higher-order cognitive brain mechanism of executive control and working memory usage.
- Ph.D. or equivalent with strong backgrounds in the related fields.
- Good knowledge in neural computation, complex adaptive systems, statistical physics, or nonlinear dynamics with sufficient programming skills in Python, C++, or others.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Highly motivated and with strong social skills.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid)
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Curriculum vita including a list of publications
- Research statement
- Names and contact information of 3 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
How to Apply
Submit the application documents to: email@example.com
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.
Full time, fixed term appointment for 1 year contract with possibility to renewal up to 3 years.