Postdoctoral researcher position in pi-Conjugated Polymers Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The school is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shorelines and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates cross-disciplinary research. Superb resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the university, and the research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. After only ten years, OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in research, education, and innovation.
We are searching for a researcher, who will be involved in the p-conjugated polymer synthesis for a number of applications including using materials in field-effect transistors, mixed ionic/electronic conductors, and stretchable electronics.
The broad objective of the research in this unit is to develop synthetic strategies for p-conjugated polymer synthesis and to use the polymers in a number of applications. We focus on developing structure-property relationships as well as developing more environmentally benign methods to synthesize p-conjugated polymers.
1. Ph.D. in chemistry or related field
2. Experience in pi-conjugated polymer synthesis
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing, and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
2. 3-page research summary
3. Two recommendation letters
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to: CHRISTINE.LUSCOMBE@oist.jp
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.
Term: Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with a 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed up to total of three years.