OIST was founded by the Japanese government to contribute to science and technology worldwide, attract leading researchers from Japan and abroad to conduct high-quality research, advance the development of a world-class research hub, and nucleate a knowledge cluster that will catalyze technology transfer and industrial innovation in Okinawa. In order to achieve this goal, we need to provide our researchers with a world-class research environment. The most important appointment of Facility Operation and Use section is to provide necessary various facility requirement to researchers to ensure success of research.
The Major objective of Facilities Operation of Use Section Laboratory Planner is support section manager to plan new laboratory. Supporting the research unit during renovation process and after the launch of facility is also his/her rule.
Prepare new and/or renovation of researchers laboratory facility
- Hearing with OIST researchers for laboratory requirements which include architecture/electric/HVAC/gas/plumbing/LAN/desks, etc.
- Create floor plan and confirm with requester
- Check for Government safety requirements if the construction plan meet those
- Negotiate with construction venders for cost and schedule the construction so it meet requirement from the requester and constructors does not interfere each other or neighbors.
- Order the work and manage construction schedule especially time of construction which may affect neighbors (noise smell)
- Acceptance of construction work for each element of construction
Management of Laboratory Facility
- Maintenance laboratory special gas supply as check amount of gas remains, and exchange gas cylinder if necessary.
- Safety improvement of Laboratory Facility
- Asset Management of Laboratory
- Scheduling Laboratory Utility maintenance
- BS or BA degree in College (BS preferred)
- Able to read and understand mechanical diagram.
- Fluent in Japanese
- TOEIC Score above 500 or equilibrant English skill
- Practical activity experience in multicultural environment.
- Skill or working experience with CAD (Computer Aided Designing).
- Certificate of handling of hazardous materials.
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 1~3 referees when required, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity educator and employer, and is working actively toward increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities(https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
- Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).