To Main Campus by Car
Via Okinawa Expressway (50-60 min from Naha Airport)
- From Naha Airport follow the signs to the Okinawa Expressway
- Exit the toll road at Exit Number 7 ("YAKA (屋嘉) ")
- Turn left at the T-junction after passing the toll booth.
- Go through the tunnel.
- Turn left at the first traffic light, the "Onna (East)" intersection.
- Go down the hill, past Akama Sports Park, and turn left at the first traffic light onto the South Onna Bypass.
- About 2km down the road, turn left at the first traffic light to enter the OIST campus.
*This route has tolls
Via Route 58 (60-80 min from Naha Airport)
- From Naha Airport travel north on Highway 58
- At the intersection "Nakadomari", there are two roads intersecting route 58.
- At the "Nakadomari" intersection, take the "South Onna Bypass" by turning right onto the road branching at a 45-degree angle northward from route 58.
- Turn right 4km down the road, at the first traffic light, where you can see the letters "OIST" on the wall at the base of a hill.
*Duration depends heavily on traffic and time of day