OIST is suspending all community relations activities until August 31st, 2020 in order to follow the guidelines on public gatherings during the current COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding.
The following community relations activities have been suspended.
- Guided Campus Tour, Unguided Campus Tour, Weekend Tour
- School Visits *
- Group Tours
Currently, we have decided to suspend reservations until August 31st, 2020.
Please check this website again, as the information will be updated once we decided. We appreciate your understanding.
* We will accept School Visit reservations after September 2020.
Please check the "School Visits" page. Please understand that with the current COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, your visit may be cancelled even after making a reservation. Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.
For a list of the latest announcements about OIST response to COVID-19 go to
OIST COVID-19 Latest Measure
Unguided Campus Visit
No reservation is required. Just register at the main entrance to receive a visitor's pass and pamphlet.
For groups of 15 or more, please contact OIST Community Relations.
Days and Times available
- Monday through Sunday (including holidays), 9:00 to 17:00
- The campus will be open to the public during the New Year's holidays (December 28th- January 3rd).
Area for unguided visitors
- Center Building, Level C, Center Court and surrounding area
- Sky Walk
Rules and Guidelines for Campus Visits
Restrictions on Participation
- No visitor under the age of 13 without adult supervision.
- No visitors under the influence of alcohol or behaving in a manner that the institute considers inappropriate for the tour.
Theft and Accidents
OIST accepts no responsibility for incidents of theft or injury that occur inside the facilities or in neighboring areas like parking. Visitors accept responsibility for their possessions and safety.
Damage to the Facilities
At the discretion of the institute, OIST may require reparation for damage to facilities, equipment, etc. caused by visitors.