4.4.5 Treatment of Research Fellows
Treatment accorded to individual Research Fellows by the University may vary, depending upon the rules of their respective fellowship programs, as stipulated by their respective funding agencies. However, the following treatment may be provided (details shall be stipulated separately by the Dean of Research and relevant Division head(s).):
- An air ticket from the airport closest of their latest domicile to that closest to the University on their first arrival as a Research Fellow (one way, once, only available for the person himself/herself)
- Costs of removal, upon their first arrival as a Research Fellow (only available when they select the removal agent designated by the University).
- Facilitation of rental housing (only available when they occupy an apartment to be designated by the University. Details shall be stipulated separately by the Vice President for Building and Facility Management)
- Relocation Support provided by HR Recruiting Support Section
- Utilization of facilities and equipment of the University which are necessary for the Research Fellows to conduct research (When a Research Fellow loses or damages the facilities and/or equipment of the University, as a result of willful or negligent behavior, the University may request the Research Fellow restore same to its original state or may assert a claim against the Research Fellow for damages.)
- Eligibility to apply Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKENHI).
- Health Checkups offered by the OIST Health Center
- Application of the Price List for OIST Employees [link:] when Research Fellows receives medical treatment at the OIST Clinic (applicable only for the person himself/herself).
- Honorarium when Research Fellows engage in work as a Teaching Assistant at the University
- Utilization of welfare facilities of the University (Those which are provided by Promotion of Mutual Aid Corporation for Private Schools of Japan are exclusive.)
- Other treatment which the Dean of Research deems appropriate.