FY2010 Electron Microscopy Unit
Electron Microscopy Unit
Principal Investigator: Akira Tonomura
Research Theme: Electron holography and Lorentz microscopy investigation of magnetic flux behavior in nanoscale magnetic materials
AbstractWe aim to understand microscopic behavior of materials through high-precision electron phase measurement using coherent electron wave techniques. The main topics include investigation of electromagnetic field inside and outside of various materials in nanometer resolution, in particular nanoscale magnetism research, such as magnetic domain structures in magnetic heads or diluted magnetic semiconductors, and magnetic flux behavior in high-temperature superconductors.
- Hideki Ichinose, Research Administrator / Secretary
- Theme: Electron holography study on magnetic structures and magnetization processes of yttrium ion garnet film
- Type of collaboration: Joint research
- Dr. Weixing Xia, RIKEN
3. Activities and FindingsNothing to report.
- W. X. Xia, Y. S. Chun, S. Aizawa, K. Yanagisawa, Kannan M. Krishnan, D. Shindo and A. Tonomura, "Investigation of magnetic structure and magnetization process of yttrium iron garnet film by Lorentz microscopy and electron holography," Journal of Applied Physics 108 (2010) 123919.
- W. X. Xia, K. Hirata, K. Yanagisawa, Y. Ishida, H. Kasai, K. Yanagiuchi, D. Shindo, and A. Tonomura, "Quantitative evaluation of magnetic flux density in a magnetic recording head and pseudo soft underlayer by electron holography," Journal of Electron Microscopy 59 (5) (2010) 331-337 (doi:10.1093/jmicro/dfg057).
- Mamishin, S., Kasai, H., Xia, W. X., Murakami, Y., Shindo, D., Mori, S. & Tonomura, A. Lorentz Microscopy Study on Magnetization Reversal Process in Single-Domain State in Perovskite-Type Manganite. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 49, -, doi:Artn 063003 Doi 10.1143/Jjap.49.063003 (2010).
4.2 Books and other one-time publicationsNothing to report.
4.3 Oral and Poster Presentations
- Y. Murakami, D. Shindo, and A. Tonomura, “Magnetic Microstructure Analysis of Colossal Magnetoresistive Manganite La0.25Pr0.375Ca0.375MnO3” –invited talk- Korea-Japan Symposium on Advanced Microscopy for Advanced Materials, Damyang, Korea (2010.12.6).
5. Intellectual Property Rights and Other Specific AchievementsNothing to report.
6. Meetings and EventsNothing to report.
Nothing to report.