Postdoctoral Scholar/Bioinspired Soft Matter Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best researchers in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
Two postdoctoral positions are available immediately in the Bioinspired Soft Matter Unit. Highly motivated candidates are welcomed to join the dynamic research team studying the synthetic self-assembly systems with emphasis in biological applications.
Postdoctoral Scholar Position / Bioinspired and Soft Matter Unit
The candidate will have an opportunity to lead his/her project, develop collaborations in a mentored environment. They will be encouraged to present research findings at national/international meetings. It is expected that the individual will be involved in high-impact publications and eager for career development.
1. PhD degree in chemistry, chemical biology or related scientific disciplines with relevant lab experience in organic/inorganic synthesis/biochemistry.
2. Proficiency in written and spoken English
Research background in tumor biology, immunology, or stem cell biology is preferred but not essential.
Term: Full‐time, fixed term appointment for 1 year to 2 years. Contract initially with 3‐month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: 9:00‐17:30 (Discretionary)
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
Please submit all required application materials by email to: ye.zhang#oist.jp
(Please replace # with @ before using this email address)
- Curriculum vita with publication list in English (and Japanese if available)
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Names and contact information of 2 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).