Open positions for post-doctoral researcher in Plant Epigenetics Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Researcher (Postdoctoral Scholar) who will study epigenetic mechanisms of gene and transposon regulation in plants, focusing on chromatin modifications including DNA methylation and histone modifications.
Plant Epigenetics Unit
The basic responsibilities include; 1) involvement in research projects regarding plant epigenetics and epigenomics, 2) regular progress reports in lab meetings, 3) supports for rotation/intern students, 4) presentation and publication of research outcomes.
1. Ph.D. degree
2. Good communication skills in either Japanese or English.
3. Experiences in molecular biology or biochemistry, or genomics.
1. Experiences in analysis of high-throughput sequencing data are preferred
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. This contract may be renewed up to total of 3 years.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
Or send documents via post mail to:
Plant Epigenetics Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
All the documents must be written in English.
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum vita
3) List of publication, awards etc.
4) Names and contact information for at least 2 references.
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.