FAO HR Administrative Staff
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
The Faculty Affairs Office (FAO) is responsible for matters concerning the faculty/researchers’ academic nature such as appointments, career development, and other administrative support. The office has a culture in which staff cooperate with each other to achieve the division’s goals.
HR Administrative Assistant in the Faculty Affairs Office (FAO) is responsible maintaining HR database and handling employment contracts of faculty and research staff.
- Maintain various HR database of faculty and research staff using internal EA database and Excel. (ex. extract information from EA database and update Excel documents)
- Provide support for HR duties for research units, including processing of contracts, writing letters, translation and filing documents
- Support planning and managing of headcounts of research units using EA database and Excel documents
- Provide secretarial support for the committee that oversee appointment changes of research staff (Tasks include scheduling, preparing documents, and taking minutes as necessary)
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of administrative support experience
- Skillfully handle confidential information
- Time management skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate tasks within the office and communicate with other divisions
- High level business writing skills in Japanese and in English (TOEIC 800 or higher)
- Computer skills and proficiency in software (MS Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook)
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 year or 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 3.2 million ~ 6.0 million yen (Job class: Administrative II, A2)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
- Letter of intent in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.