How to Get to OIST from Northern Okinawa
- Bus #120 "Nago Nishi Kuukou Sen" and #20 "Nago Nishi Sen"
- To get to the OIST campus, get off at the bus stop "Daigakuin Daigaku Mae" and walk 15 minutes up the hill to the campus
- To get to Seaside House, get off at the bus stop "Seaside House Mae".
By the Okinawa Expressway toll road
- Exit from the Okinawa Expressway at Ishikawa
- After the toll booth, take a right onto Highway 73 toward "Hedomisaki/ Nago"
- At the "Nakadomari" intersection with Highway 58, take a hard right onto the "South Onna/ Onna Minami Bypass"
- Follow the bypass for about 4km and take a right at the first light, going up the hill where you can see the letters "OIST" at the base of the wall.
- To get to Seaside House, turn left at this intersection, go down the hill to the traffic light, turn right onto Highway 58, and Seaside House will be a large white building on your left about 800m down this road.
By non-toll roads
- Travel south on Highway 58
- To get to the Main Campus, go straight through the "Onna Minami/South Onna" traffic light, following the "South Onna/ Onna Minami Bypass" for about 2km and take a left at the first light.
- To get to Seaside House, take a right at the "Onna Minami/South Onna" traffic light and follow the road for about 600m. Seaside House will be on the right, a white building next to the sea.