How to Get to OIST from Northern Okinawa
- Bus #120 "Nago Nishi Kuukou Sen" and #20 "Nago Nishi Sen"
- To get to the OIST campus, get off at the bus stop "Daigakuin Daigaku Mae" and walk 15 minutes up the hill to the campus
- To get to Seaside House, get off at the bus stop "Seaside House Mae".
By the Okinawa Expressway toll road
- Exit from the Okinawa Expressway at Ishikawa
- After the toll booth, take a right onto Highway 73 toward "Hedomisaki/ Nago"
- At the "Nakadomari" intersection with Highway 58, take a hard right onto the "South Onna/ Onna Minami Bypass"
- The bypass ends at a T-junction, and on the right, you can see the letters "OIST" on the wall at the base of a hill.
- Turn right to go up the hill to the main campus.
- To get to Seaside House, turn left at this T-junction, go down the hill to the traffic light, turn right onto Highway 58, and Seaside House will be a large white building on your left about 800m down this road.
By non-toll roads
- Travel south on Highway 58
- Pass the "Onna Minami/South Onna" traffic light
- To get to Seaside House, drive 600m ahead, and it will be on the right-hand side. The Seaside House is a white building right next to the sea.
- To get to the main campus, turn left at the first traffic light. There is a small, white, Japanese sign above the road at the intersection which contains the letters "OIST". Going up the hill, you will see the letters "OIST" on the hill. Take a left to follow the road up the hill to the campus.