Visitors and Vendors
No general visitors are permitted on campus until advised otherwise.
Infection Prevention Measures for Visitors and Vendors at OIST
For Visitors and Vendors:
- Wear masks, converse in 2 meters distance, wash and disinfect fingers and hands, and disinfect frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, equipment panels, coffee makers, copy panels, etc.).
- Bring a portable disinfectant solution. Disinfect before and after entering the room and taking meals. Portable disinfectants can be purchased at a supermarket for approximately 300 yen.
- Disinfectant solution has a bactericidal effect on the new coronavirus and prevents infection by touching the face, mucous membranes, eyes, etc., with the virus-attached fingers.
- Limit the number of people in meeting to minimize the risk of spreading the infection.
- This will minimize the number of close contacts at OIST if the visitor/vendor is found to be infected.
- Have lunch at a limited area. Avoid using OIST cafés and restaurants. If conversing during meal, avoid face-to-face conversations and keep a distance of 2 meters. Wear a mask when conversing during meal.
- There have been many reports of infections during meal conversations. Wear a mask during conversation after meals. In addition, many clusters are occurring at meetings that include drinking in large numbers.
- Measure body temperature and record symptoms daily. If cold symptoms such as fever or cough is present, do not enter OIST main campus.
- Keep record of the visitor's/vendor’s actions and list of the people who were in contact with the visitor/vendor.
- Report to ERC/Doctor with above information if the visitor/visitor was later found to be infected.
Guideline for PCR testing for Visitors and Vendors
We continue to take special care with any visitor or vendor who comes to campus to work among the OIST community. With routine PCR testing much easier to obtain, we now require that:
- All visitors and vendors from outside of Okinawa who are in contact with OIST staff or students must take a PCR test.
- If this contact is for 2 or more hours per day and for 3 consecutive days or more, they must take the OIST PCR test series.
- If this contact is for less than 2 hours per day and/or less than 3 consecutive days, they must take a private PCR test in their hometown within 72 hours of their flight to Okinawa and submit their result to the acting Emergency Response Coordinator, Atsushi Kogirima, by email.
- PCR testing is not required for vendors who will not be in contact with any OIST staff member or student.