Visitors and Vendors
For Visitors and Vendors:
- A visitor or vendor with a fever, cough, or other symptoms of a cold are prohibited from entering the campus.
- Please follow basic infection prevention measures (wearing masks, converse in 1 meter distances, wash and disinfect hands, etc.).
- Limit the number of people in a meeting to minimize the risk of spreading the infection.
- Meals should be held for no more than 4 persons and no longer than 2 hours in principle.
- Take the visitor’s/vendor’s temperature and disinfect their hands before entering the campus.
- Report to Emergency Response Coordinator () and Health Center (email@example.com)
- All visitors (non-commercial visitors, such as joint researchers), vaccinated or not, from inside or outside Okinawa Prefecture, must receive either one negative PCR test (within 72 hours prior to campus entry) or antigen test (within 24 hours prior to campus entry. The results of the test must be submitted to the section or unit in charge of accepting the visitors.
- If a visitor has a fever or any other cold or flu-like symptoms on the day of arrival, the visitor will not be allowed to enter the campus.
- If you are not sure whether you are a visitor or a vendor, please proceed as a vendor.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Emergency Response Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Health Center (email@example.com).
OIST requires all vendors to conduct a health check and temperature check before entering OIST campus to better prevent infection on campus. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Please note that vendors designated by OIST, such as food vendors, will be required to follow separate procedures as instructed by OIST in addition to the procedures outlined here.
A vendor is a non-community member who enters campus for commercial purposes. If you are not sure whether you are a visitor or a vendor, please proceed as a vendor.
- All vendors, regardless of where they are from in/out of Okinawa, are required to record their own health checks for a total of seven days, from one week prior to entering OIST, and to report their health status to OIST using the online webform
Vendor Work Application Form for COVID-19 Prevention.
For health check items, the standard items can be found in the following Excel file:
Health Check Format.
If you are a vendor who enters the OIST campus on a continuous basis, please report once a week.
The Vendor Work Application Form for COVID-19 Prevention is a pledge that you have made efforts to prevent infections in the OIST campus. Submission is mandatory. The Health Check Format is not mandatory but should be used as directed by the Section Officer.
- On the day a vendor enters OIST campus, the section officer in charge of accepting you will check your health condition including measuring body temperature. If you have a fever (37.5℃ or higher), you will not be allowed to enter the campus.
- Vendors who do not have contact with OIST staff or students may skip these procedures (Those who spend less than two hours per day in campus buildings are also considered to have no contact).
- If you have any questions, please contact the section officer in charge of accepting you.
- Please make sure that all vendors submit the format one day in advance, and make sure to take their temperature before entering the building on the day of the arrival.
- If there are any vendors who are found to be abnormal, please do not allow them to enter the campus. In such cases, you should take measures to check to see if at least 72 hours have passed since the symptoms subsided, while consulting with Health Center (HC).
- If, for some reason, you need to have someone take the PCR test or antigen test, you may do so after consulting with HC. However, this is an exceptional measure.
- If you have any questions, please contact Emergency Response Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Health Center (email@example.com).