Internal Event Guidelines
In order to host an internal event on campus, the following conditions must be met.
- Social distancing of at least 1 meter is maintained and the 3Cs (closed space, crowded space, close contact) are avoided.
- Each individual venue may have additional requirements, so please confirm you meet them before booking your event.
- Hand sanitizer must be available for attendees.
- Masks must be worn at all times. Exceptions include while eating or during strenuous exercise.
- Those who have suspected symptoms must not be allowed to participate.
- Notwithstanding the above, exceptions may be made if approved by ERC and Recreation Services.
If you have any additional questions while planning your event, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Events with External Visitors
In addition to the points above, the following conditions must be met:
- For special events, vaccinated visitors may be allowed on OIST campus (Center Building and Lab Buildings) and inside the Seaside House if approved by the Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC).
- For events taking place on OIST campus and in the Seaside House, all visitors from outside Okinawa must submit proof of vaccination and PCR test in accordance with the latest OIST guidelines for external visitors.
- Events held at the OIST Conference Center are subject to the "COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines for External Events at OIST" in addition to the latest Okinawa prefectural infection prevention guidelines.
External Event Guidelines
The following guidelines are in place for all externally hosted events taking place on campus.