Travel Expense Team Staff
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) was established by the Cabinet Office and has been supported by the government subsidy which covers over 90% of its expenses. Financial Management Division oversees budget and accounting of the university and performs crucial functions indispensable for the university’s operation including budget securement and its appropriate execution. In the Financial Management Division, Travel Expense Team supports OIST’s world-class research and educational activities by overseeing travel, honorarium, and meeting expenses and ensuring their appropriate execution that complies with relevant regulations. We are seeking a staff member to join the Travel Expense Team. Since many executives including President, more than 60% of faculty, and more than 80% of students are non-Japanese, OIST has many non-Japanese travelers, and we handle a wide range of business travel destinations. The role of Travel Expense Team Staff is challenging yet exciting, as it requires not only expertise in general accounting, but also extensive knowledge of practices related to business expenses at universities and research institutions in and outside Japan and travel related matters all over the world.
Travel Expense Team Staff is responsible for administrative procedure of business trip, travel expenses, honorarium, meeting expense, and reimbursement. S/he corresponds to the inquiries from the other divisions regarding the items above. The role of Travel Expense Team Staff is challenging yet exciting, as it requires not only expertise in general accounting but also extensive knowledge of practices related to business expenses at universities and research institutions in and outside Japan and travel related matters all over the world.
- Reviewing applications and reimbursement documents of Travel expenses, Honorarium, Meeting expense etc. Corresponding to the inquiries from the other divisions regarding the items above
- Corresponding to the inquiries from internal users about expense reimbursement system
- Contact point for the travel agencies and other vendors regarding the business trip
- Data analysis for and implementation of improvement of expense reimbursement tasks and cost reduction activities
- Development, revision and internal communication of regulations, manuals and workflows
- Corresponding to the Tax audit, Board of Audit and Internal Audit etc.
- Coordination with other divisions in OIST
- Other finance-related administration including accounting and procurement
- Experience in accounting and general affairs
- Business level language skills in English (TOEIC 700+) and native level in Japanese
- Advanced Excel skills to generate table statistics and various reports
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a problem-solving approach
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Motivated to advance his/her own career in the field of Financial Management at OIST including Accounting and Procurement in a longer term
- 3 years of relevant experience in accounting and general affairs
- Experience in handling tax affairs
- Advanced business level language skills in English (TOEIC 900+)
- Working experience using ERP systems
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 2.4 million ~ 4.5 million yen (Job class: Administrative I, A1)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
Letter of intent in both English and Japanese
Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.