Technician/Protein Engineering and Evolution Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best researchers in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
The protein engineering and evolution unit is now seeking for a full-time lab technician. Our research is focused in bioengineering and bio-catalysis.
Technician / The protein engineering and evolution unit (Laurino Unit) https://groups.oist.jp/protein
- Instruments maintenance and instruction for the new user
- Store and retrieve samples in a laboratory setting
- Routine lab work such as medium preparation, buffer preparation etc
- Sometimes standardise conditions for experiments e.g. kinetics assay, protein purification
1. Master degree in biochemistry or molecular biology or related field
2. Fluent in English and Japanese
3. Basic computer skills
4. Good communication skills, precise and well-organized person.
1. Hands on PCR, RT-PCR, cloning, protein purifications, enzyme kinetics, ELISA assay, RNA extraction, electrophoresis, side-directed mutagenesis, SDS-PAGE, FPLC.
2. Expertise in HPLC and LC MS
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulation.
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Names and contact information of 2 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Please submit all required application materials by email to:
(Please replace # with @ before using this email address)
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).