Technician/Cell Signal Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best researchers in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
The Cell Signal Unit is interested in the regulation of gene expression in response to changes in environment, such as radiation, chemical exposure and diet. Our unit employs a molecular and cellular approach.
Cell Signal Unit (Yamamoto Unit) https://groups.oist.jp/csu
1. Help conduct molecular biological research and structural biology research
2. Cell and tissue culture
3. Experiments with recombinant proteins and DNAs
4. Laboratory management (instrument， equipment， ordering)
1. Graduated from college or higher education and/or have experience cell biological studies.
2. English skills
3. Computer skills
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulation.
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Curriculum vitae
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Please submit all required application materials by email to:
(Please replace # with @ before using this email address)
Or send documents via post mail to:
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).