Technician Experimental Quantum Information Physics (EQuIP) Unit (Takahashi-Hiroki Unit)
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Experimental Quantum Information Physics (EQuIP) unit carries out experimental research on quantum physics. We are looking for a technician who support our research activities in the lab. Specifications for the job can be found below.
1. Machining and electric/electronic works related to the experiment.
2. Procurement of goods required for the experiment.
3. If possible, development of digital circuits such as FPGA.
1. Experienced in machining and familiar with machining tools.
2. Familiar with analog circuitry. Capable of making PCBs.
3. Capable of using CAD software.
4. Capable of using Microsoft Office suite.
5. Reading and writing Japanese to be able to process goods’ procurement.
6. Capable of communicating in English.
1. Knowledgeable about programming languages such as Python.
2. Knowledgeable about FPGA languages such as Verilog
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 year. Contract initially with a 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Cover letter in English
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Names and contact information of at least 1 referee, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.