Technical Staff Position in Developmental Neurobiology Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Technical Staff, Developmental Neurobiology Unit
The successful candidate will be involved in the research project on retinal degeneration or lens development using zebrafish as an animal model.
Applicants should have bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of biology
Knowledge and experience of molecular and developmental biology are preferable.
Term & Working Hours
Full-time, appointment for 1 year contract (renewable) initially with 3 month probationary period
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Please submit all required application materials by email to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
Ayako Gima (Ms)
Developmental Neurobiology Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Curriculum vitae with photogragh
- Publication list (research papers and oral/poster presentation in scientific meetings)
- Brief description of your past work and your research skills, and also a short explanation of application’s reasons for applying (A4, 1-2 pages)
- One recommendation letter from present or past supervisor.
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.