Supply Center Staff
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Procurement and Supplies Section is currently seeking a staff of Supply Center Staff to provide research consumables and stationaries for OIST researchers and administrative staffs at the Supply Store.
The Supply Center Staff will engage in the following activities under the supervision of the Manager of Procurement and Supplies Section:
- Overall operation and maintenance of the Supply Center (including but not limited to managing online store ordering data, store inventory, reception, and ordering)
- Sales analysis and forecast of the Supply Center (drafting reports etc.)
- Planning and strategizing for expansion of the Supply Center operation
- Receive requests from customers including OIST researchers and administrative staffs
- Improve workflows including operation and maintenance of systems related to the Supply Store
- Handle postal mails and packages
- Stock common consumables
- Other related activities of the above
※ There is a possibility that the employee will be transferred to other positions within finance division, including budget and accounting, for personal development purposes.
- At least 1 year of working experience in reception and sales in retails
- Capable of multi-tasking and communicating with the diversified customers
- Understanding complicated rules for usage of tax-payer’s funds and able to take action voluntarily
- Business level Japanese and intermediate level English in oral and writing
- Intermediate level or more on Microsoft Office, Excel, Power point etc.
- Working experience in the business field of science
- Vocational or higher educational background or experience in the field of biology or chemistry
- Knowledge of finance and accounting with experiences for implementation of enterprise resource planning system
- Working experience of supply-chain management or international imports and exports
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
HR Recruiting Support Section
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Letter of intent in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.