Supply Center / Inspection Center Team Leader
- Member management of activities of Supply Store and Inspection Center.
- Operation management of Supply Store and Inspection Center (operation includes acceptance and inspection of goods, data registration, communication with vendors, etc.)
- Development of future plan of acceptance & inspection system and internal supply chain taking the future expansion into account.
- Customer service and improvement for vendor/supplier and researcher.
- Streamlining of operation at Supply Center and Inspection Center including improvement of workflow and other related works.
- Thorough knowledge and working experience of supply chain management (including direct or indirect purchase)
- Management experience in teams (3 – 5 staff)
- Native level Japanese and business level English (TOIEC 700)
- Working experience on the purchase of research consumables and equipment such as measuring instruments.
- Working experience in import and export
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ).
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.