Student Affairs Staff
The Graduate School is a division of the OIST Graduate University. The Dean is the head of the Graduate School. The mission of the Graduate School is to provide first-class postgraduate education to the highest international standard by offering academic and student support services.
One of the Graduate School sections, Student Affairs Section provides OIST Graduate School students with support in the following areas: scholarship, financial support and housing; student welfare and activities; student counseling services; intern and visiting students; student travel support; other daily needs.
OIST Graduate School seeks for a highly-motivated individual who has passion to support students. The main responsibilities of the Student Affairs Staff are to provide welfare support, travel support, and financial support so that students can focus on their research throughout their OIST life.
- Handle travel arrangements, travel reimbursements and provide assistance in visa applications for OIST Graduate School students, special students and visitors.
- Provide feedback to the Student Affairs Section Manager to revise and update the university's student travel policy, rules and guidelines by identifying the areas in need of improvement, consulting with other divisions/sections, drafting revisions and etc.
- Help the students with their daily living needs by providing information and guidance, performing as an interpreter, accompanying/driving them to local offices and institutes and etc.
- Arrange recreational, cultural and social events and activities to promote the welfare of the university's student community by following existing rules and procedures.
- Other student affairs duties as directed by the Student Affairs Section Manager.
- Excellent English and Japanese writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, administrative staff, researchers and faculty from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Advanced Word, Excel, Power Point skills to generate various reports
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and problem-solving approach
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Valid Japanese driver’s license
- Strong knowledge of living environment in Okinawa.
- Prior experience in student support or academic administration in a university
Term & Working Hours
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3 month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 2.4 million ~ 4.5 million yen (Job class: Administrative staff I A1)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
- Letter of intent in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.