Staff Scientist Position in Electronic and Quantum Magnetism Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best researchers in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
Electronic and Quantum Magnetism Unit is now seeking highly motivated researchers to carry out pioneering scientific research in condensed matter physics and materials science.
Researcher (Staff Scientist)
Electronic and Quantum Magnetism Unit
The targeted applicant should lead the synergy of optical techniques such as time resolved pump-probe and high resolution Raman spectroscopy， together with a high-pressure， low temperature sample environment，in order to explore both charge and spin evolution at pressure-driven quantum phase transitions and related quantum critical phenomena. He/she is also expected to have close working relationship with graduate students and other research specialists and collaborators.
- The applicants are expected to have sound understanding and experimental experience with either of the following optical techniques: Raman spectroscopy, pump-probe, reflectivity, higher harmonics generation, and terra-Hertz source/probe.
- Applicants are required to have completed Ph.D. or equivalent and have more than 5 years of postdoctoral research experience by the start time at OIST.
- Excellent oral and written English required. Japanese is not necessary, though Japanese language courses are offered to employees and their families. The Electronic and Quantum Magnetism Unit is supported by a bi-lingual (English/Japanese) research unit administrator.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulation.
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance
- Curriculum vita in English (and Japanese if available)
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Names and contact information of 3~5 references, including at least one previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Electronic and Quantum Magnetism Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
- Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).