Social Media and Web Content Specialist
Help us to shape the image of a rapidly growing English-language graduate university for science and technology. Work with people from over 50 countries. Experience life in Japan while learning about Okinawa’s own unique culture. Enjoy cultural events, explore coral reefs, travel around Asia, and participate in an active multicultural university community while contributing to the future of Japan’s most international university.
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding. There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Come live in sunny Okinawa and help us to build a new and different university in Japan.
- Manage OIST social media channels by producing and posting content in coordination with members of CPR and other divisions
- Monitor and analyze social media and other digital content performance using web and social media analytics tools.
- Use marketing and analytics to inform content strategy and decision making.
- Assist with website content creation and management.
- Provide support and training to internal website editors.
- Native level English language ability with good writing skills.
- Expertise in social media, marketing, and SEO.
- Ability to leverage web and social media analytics for marketing and content strategy.
- Expertise in editing web content using HTML source and CSS.
- Japanese language ability and cultural knowledge.
- Experience with Japanese social media and marketing.
- Understanding of semantic HTML markup, metadata, and structured data.
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1-2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Curriculum vita in English (and Japanese if available).
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available).
- Portfolio of writing in English, including social media.
- Examples of web page markup work.
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity educator and employer, and is working actively toward increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
- Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (https://www.oist.jp).