Researchers in Machine Learning and Data Science Unit
We focus on developing machine learning algorithms and accelerating scientific discovery using machine learning. More specifically, we are working on deep learning models for small sample data, distributed/federated learning, graph neural networks, and optimal transport methods. Moreover, with collaborators, we are working on finding new therapeutic targets for Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) using machine learning methods.
- Develop machine learning models for high-dimensional, real-world applications.
- Pursue your own scientific interests in a highly collaborative environment.
- Write research papers and develop software in Python.
- (For staff scientist applicants) Mentor younger scientists.
- PhD in Computer Science, a related technical field
- Experience in Machine Learning, computer vision, and natural language processing, or related fields.
- Programming knowledge (e.g., Python or C++)
- (For staff scientist applicants) Strong research background and publications in top tier computer science conference including ICML, NeurIPS, AISTATS, ICLR, CVPR, ECCV, ACL, EMNLP etc.
- Strong research background and publications in top tier computer science conference including ICML, NeurIPS, AISTATS, ICLR, CVPR, ECCV, ACL, EMNLP etc.
- Ability to design new research problems.
- Experience in collaboration with non-machine learning experts.
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter
- CV including the publication list
- Summary of research experience and research plan (2-4 pages)
- Names of 2 potential reference writers
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.
Full-time, the position is initially for three years and can be extended to 2 more years based on performance and mutual agreement.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)