Research Technician/ Evolutionary Neurobiology Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best Researchers in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
- Molecular and cellular biology work (primer design/PCR/gene cloning/plasmid construction/ in situ hybridization/immunohistochemistry).
- Troubleshoot procedures and assist in implementing modifications.
- Assistance in managing laboratory chemical storage and small laboratory equipment.
- Additional responsibilities may periodically include biochemical experiments.
- Aplicants should have bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of biology.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- A willingness to learn new techniques and procedures.
- Experience and knowledge of cellular biology or biochemistry work.
- Ability to balance multiple requests and assignments.
- Capability of working within a project team to achieve results.
- Communication skills in English.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulation.
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Please send documents via post mail to:
Evolutionary Neurobiology Unit (Watanabe Unit)
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).