Research Finance Administrator
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST rapidly is gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
The Dean of Research is responsible for overseeing the distribution of core research funding at OIST. She also manages the Research Support Division, which provides technical expertise and common equipment. The Research Finance Administrator reports to the Research Finance Manager who supports the Dean of Research for all budgetary and financial matters including organization of the Resource Allocation Committee (RAC), budget planning, budget request to the government, allocation, monitoring, revision and reporting of budget. There will be additional responsibilities as OIST grows and further develops budgeting processes.
- Make monthly budget execution Dash Board and report to the Dean of Research and Research Finance Manager with his/her professional analysis
- Coordinate the annual research budget allocation
- Work as a liaison for research units and research support sections for budgetary matters
- Monitor the progress of research equipment purchases and hiring requests
- Preparation of Budget request materials to the government in Japanese
- Draft rules and workflows for new budgetary activities to be implemented
- Secretariat of the Resource Allocation Committee
- Other administrative tasks of the team
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in administration
- Native level Japanese
- Advanced business level in English
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationship in an international environment
- Effective computer skills including experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a problem-solving approach
- Working experience in university/research institution
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 3.2 million ~ 6.6 million yen (Job class: Administrative staff II-III, A2-A3)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).