The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 60 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
OIST's Human Resource Division supports our staff in a wide range of situations, from entry to exit. To become an OIST HR professional, the HR Staff will first be assigned to Recruiting Section and be responsible for the entire recruitment lifecycle, which is the entry point of OIST's development, and will then move on to further develop their skills through job rotation within HR.
- Build candidate sources by contacting resources, screen resumes, arrange interviews with candidates, administer appropriate travel arrangements for interviews
- Collect, manage, and follow up on interview feedbacks, reference checks, and background checks
- Use resources, such as Agencies, Career fairs, LinkedIn, SNS, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with internal clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager
- Working experience in Human Resource field such as recruitment, labor relations, welfare and benefits
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Japanese
- Strong communication skills to build and maintain trusting relationships with candidates, recruiting agents and stakeholders
- Able to multitask and handle a variety of recruitment positions.
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience with managing online recruitment resources such as LinkedIn, SNS, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of recruitment tools.
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.