Public Health Nurse or Registered Nurse
Health Centers provide health services for the OIST community to promote health, prevent disease, and assist individuals and families. OIST clinic has provided appointments, first aid, and referrals to medical facilities for faculty, staff, students, and their families and will reopen as an insurance clinic in February 2024.
This position will be responsible for a wide range of duties, from planning health maintenance and promotion, to first aid treatment for illnesses and emergency response, to ensure that staff and students have a healthy life at OIST. Work in an international workplace, making full use of Japanese and English.
- Perform health consultation and first aid for OIST members and families
- Plan, conduct and follow-up health/stress checkup for OIST members
- Assist doctors in OIST Clinic for health consultation/examination/treatment (includes blood drawing, IV, assist examinations, cleaning of medical equipment)
- Plan and conduct health/wellness programs and other health related activities for OIST community
- Build network and cooperate with local medical facilities and villages/towns/cities
- Provide support for OIST members when they go to medical facilities outside of campus
- Provide nursing care for emergent cases
- Perform duties of health supervisor of the campus (if you have a Public Health Nurse license)
- Maintain inventory for medications, medical supplies and managing medical equipment, and clerical work (i.e. payment related)
- Other duties related to health and safety on campus.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with a license as a registered nurse in Japan
- 3 years or more experience in clinical/hospital settings
- Bilingual in Japanese and English
- Able to use Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Teams, Excel)
- Able to communicate with staff members and work in consultation with the supervisor and other personnel
- Able to maintain confidentiality of individuals for the protection of privacy, and comply with all OIST regulations
- Japanese License of Public Health Nurse
- (If not licensed as a public health nurse) A person who is qualified as a first-class sanitation supervisor.
- Work experience in health center in a school or company
- CPR/AED trained
- Overseas experience in nursing or public health nursing in clinical settings
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid)
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Access to Child Development Center
- Access to Schooling Options
- Language Education
- Resource Center (Daily Life Support in Okinawa)
- Cover letter in English required. Japanese version required only for Applicants whose native language is Japanese.
- Curriculum vitae in English required. Japanese version required only for Applicants whose native language is Japanese.
- Names and contact information of 3 referees, one of which should be a previous employer, will be required if the Applicant is selected for an interview.
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to OIST after a conditional offer of employment.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 year/2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month