Procurement Staff (Tender & Contract Team Staff)
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Taking the future expansion into account, we need to process many tender items continuously. We need the human resource to maintain the level of services taking the future expansion into account.
1.Conduct process for tender, proposal competition, negotiated contract for research equipment, goods and services (including contracts in English) except for construction procurement processed by other division.
2. Acceptance of BOA / internal / external audits.
3. Preparation of periodical / ad-hoc procurement report to government and public
4. Preparation and revision of Policies, Rules, and Procedures (PRP) in regard to procurement. Communication with each research units/administrative sections to make better understanding for the procurement PRP
5. Operation and maintenance of electronic bidding system.
*Position may be subject to the initial transfer within Finance Division (Budget, Procurement, or Accounting Section) in the future. Candidate should be able to handle these tasks as well. (This is not a job-specific recruitment.)
1. Working experience of purchasing
2. Excellent communication skill both in Japanese and English and high capacity for clerical business
3. Intermediate level MS Office skill
4. Cost conscious and having sense of compliance for usage of public find
5. Business level English (TOIEC 700)
1. Working experience of import and export trade
2. Working experience of budget and accounting
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Letter of intent in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- "Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. The personal information you provide will only be used to recruitment selection.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.