Procurement Staff (Purchasing Team Staff)
- Procurement activities including checking purchase requests, placing order, and contract resolution (including contracts in English).
- Communicate with each research units/ administrative sections to make better understanding for procurement Policies, Rules and Procedures
- Registration of new vendors on Accounting System
- Operation and maintenance of corporate insurance program
- Other related works with the above
*Position may be subject to the initial transfer within Finance Division (Budget, Procurement, or Accounting Section) in the future. Candidate should be able to handle these tasks as well. (This is not a job-specific recruitment.)
- New graduate or equivalent
- Would like to work in international environment
- Intermediate level MS Office skill
- Major in either of commercial science, law, accounting, finance or its nearby field
- Excellent communication skill both in Japanese and English
- Business level English (TOIEC 700)
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5 hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- "Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. The personal information you provide will only be used to recruitment selection.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.