Work as a member of the Grants and Research Collaborations Section. Help OIST researchers apply for external research grants. Also, analyze the grant record and propose a new plan to increase grant applications and awardees from OIST further.
- Support researchers to apply for external research funds
- Build a network as a contact point for research funding agencies
- Give OIST researchers advice for getting external research funding, such as KAKENHI, with other staffs from the Grants and Research Collaborations Section
- Manage and analyze grants application data of OIST researchers, and prepare reports to provide useful insights to promote research activities further
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent in basic or applied science and engineering
- Work experience as an administrative staff at a university/research institution
- Native level Japanese and business level English
- Ability to establish smooth communication with researchers for high-quality support, and to complete assigned tasks by cooperating with parties
- Understanding of Japanese government’s science and technology policy
- Ability to write a clear and concise document and edit the draft of research proposals
- Ability of data analysis and presentation
- Planning and negotiation skill
- Work experience in an international environment
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by uploading your submission documents HERE*.
*This is a secure file uploading system for handling confidential materials.
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions, please contact us at recruiting[at]oist.jp.
(replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Letter of intent in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
Application Due Date
*OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity educator and employer, and is working actively toward increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
*Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities(https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
*Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).