Postdoctoral Scholar/Integrated Open Systems Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best Researchers in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
Integrated Open System Unit is seeking a researcher for the collaborative project on research and development of data analysis platform and its applications to clinical and non-clinical data analysis.
Position: Post-doctoral Scholar
Unit: Integrate Open System Unit (Kitano Unit)
- Research and development of data analysis platform and its applications to clinical and non-clinical data analysis. Clinical data analysis involves joint project with one of major hospitals of Okinawa as well as other hospitals. One of clinical projects involves patient risk prediction of acute pancreatitis after endoscopic lithotomy.
- Have expertise in one or more of following areas and high level of incentive to learn and apply areas in artificial intelligence including deep learning, large-scale data analysis, broad range of systems biology and medical practices, and practical software systems development.
- Design and implementation of secure network data transfer as well as end user software for the anonymization and exchange of sensitive data.
- Ph.D. in relevant disciplines, such as systems biology, computer science, mathematics or statistics
- Sufficient programming skills to analyze data (e.g. MatLab, Python)
- Experiences in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analysis.
- Experience in software development
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience in systems biology, clinical or biological data analysis
- Experience in collaborating with partners other than researchers (outsourced personnel, industrial personnel)
- Basic skills of data mining and machine learning
- Basic Japanese skills
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 10 months.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowance
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Please submit all required application materials by email to: email@example.com
(Please replace # with @ before using this email address)
Or send documents via post mail to:
Integrated Open Systems Unit (Kitano Unit)
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University 1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Curriculum vita in English (and Japanese if available)
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).