Postdoctoral Scholar Position in Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Researcher (Postdoctoral Scholar), Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis Unit
A Postdoctoral Researcher position is available for the Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis Unit (Dr. Julia Khusnutdinova), the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST).
The major focus will be on developing new transition metal catalysts for homogeneous catalysis and/or stimuli-responsive polymers.
The basic responsibilities involve synthesis of the ligands, transition metal complexes and their characterization; exploring catalytic reactivity of metal complexes. More details can be found at the unit webpage: https://groups.oist.jp/cccu
- Ph.D. in Chemistry.
- Experience in one or several of the following fields: organometallic chemistry, coordination chemistry, homogeneous catalysis with transition metal complexes, polymer chemistry.
- Having a strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 year. This contract may be renewed for up to total of 3 years upon satisfactory progress.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
-Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
-Annual paid leave and summer holidays
-Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
-Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
-Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
Juliak(at)oist.jp (Please replace (at) with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Curriculum vitae in English (including publications list)
- Contact information of two referees
- Cover letter (in English)
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.