Postdoctoral Scholar for Micro/Bio/Nanofluidics Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) will become a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world‐class faculty in modern well‐equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross‐disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training.
OIST Graduate University (www.oist.jp) is beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, within 1-3 hour flight time from Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. English is the official language. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best brains in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
Postdoctoral Scholar in Micro/Bio/Nanofluidics Unit
The Micro/Bio/Nanofluidics Unit (https://groups.oist.jp/mbnu) in OIST invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher in the unit. The successful candidate will work in one of the three interlinked areas in the group: (i) Immuno/DNA diagnosis with micro/nanofluidic devices, (ii) Microfluidics and Rheology, (iii) Interfacial Science.
Basic responsibilities involve (at least one of the following):
- Micro/nanofluidic device design and fabrication, MEMs and microheater design and fabrication.
- Droplet microfluidics and microfluidic mixing. Micro-PIV experiments.
- Materials characterizations (i.e., rheology, DLS, DSC, SEM, TEM)
- Biosensor development
- PhD and prior experience in one of the following areas: microfluidics, rheology, biophysics, bioassays, biosensors.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Holding a strong publication record, ability to work independently, and adaptive with new disciplines. Candidates will work in a multidisciplinary group of engineers, physicists, chemists, and biologists.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulation.
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/), welfare pension insurance (kousei‐nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha‐saigai‐hoshou‐hoken)
- Curriculum vitae including names and contact information of 3 referees (in English)
- Cover letter outlining research interests and relevant work experience (in English)
- Summary of research experience and research plans (in English)
- OIST is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Further details about the Institute can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp)