Postdoctoral Scholar in Immune Signal Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best brains in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
This postdoctoral scholar will work on a project to elucidate molecular mechanisms underlying immune cell differentiation. The researcher will also be requested to present the work at domestic and international scientific meetings as well as to write a manuscript on the subject and publish it
To conduct research related to COVID-19 immunity in elderly people.
PhD degree in cell and molecular biology，biochemistry, immunology, or related field is preferred. Excellent communication skills in English are critical. Previous experience working with human blood cells are desired.
Term & Working Hours
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3 months probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Please submit all required application materials by email to:
(Please replace # with @ before using this email address)
Or send documents via post mail to:
Immune Signal Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Curriculum vita in English (and Japanese if available)
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Names and contact information of 2 (or more) referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.