Postdoctoral Scholar in Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) is a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best brains in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
A Postdoctoral Scholar position is available for the Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis Unit (Dr. Julia Khusnutdinova), the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST).
The major focus will be on developing new transition metal catalysts for homogeneous catalysis and/or stimuli-responsive polymers. The basic responsibilities involve synthesis of the ligands, transition metal complexes and their characterization; exploring catalytic reactivity of metal complexes. More details can be found at the unit webpage: https://groups.oist.jp/cccu
- Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Experience in one or several of the following fields: organometallic chemistry, coordination chemistry, homogeneous catalysis with transition metal complexes, polymer chemistry.
- Having a strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals
- Good communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Curriculum vitae in English (including publications list)
- Contact information of two referees
- Cover letter (in English)
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).