Postdoctoral Researcher in Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Postdoctoral Researcher in Dr Liron Speyer’s Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit.
- Engage in ongoing and active independent research.
- Participate in the activities of the Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit.
- PhD in Mathematics.
- Speaking/Listening Proficiency in English.
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years in the first instance. This contract may be renewed up to a total of 3 years.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Through mathjobs.org at the following webpage https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/jobs/15203.
or send by post to the following address:
Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in English that discusses connection with Dr Speyer’s research interests
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Research Statement in English
- 3~5 reference letters
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.