Postdoctoral Researcher in Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory Unit
Applications are invited for a 2-year postdoc position in the Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory group (Principal Investigator: Reiko Toriumi) at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) Graduate University, Japan. The successful applicant will work in the group lead by Prof. Reiko Toriumi.
- The candidate is expected to actively contribute to the research program of Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory group including meetings and seminars, and to mentor student research.
- The candidate must have a clear research plan, and be able to achieve research objectives.
- The candidate is expected to be in residence for the time of appointment. Support for conference and collaboration travel/host is provided.
- Applicants are required to have completed Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics and/or Mathematics by the time of appointment and have a background in quantum gravity, quantum field theory, random geometry or related areas.
- We are looking for a self-motivated, responsible, and respectful researcher.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written English.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid)
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
Application documents in pdf (in English)
- Cover letter
- Research Statement (includes future research plan)
- Curriculum vitae including publication list
- Three reference letters to be submitted through Academic Jobs Online at : https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/15506.
How to Apply:
The application materials 1, 2, and 3 should be compiled in one single pdf file and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit only the reference letters through Academic Jobs Online.
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years, starting Fall 2020. There may be an opportunity to renew it.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)