Postdoctoral Research Position in the Micro/Bio/Nanofluidics Unit
OIST Graduate University (www.oist.jp) is beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, within 1-3 hr flight time from Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. English is the official language. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best brains in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
A postdoctoral research position with Professor Amy Shen is available in the Micro/Bio/Nanofluidics Unit at OIST in Okinawa, Japan (https://groups.oist.jp/mbnu).
The successful candidate will join a very active interdisciplinary group in biosensing and microfluidics.
The postdoc candidate will be involved with sensing project to develop a point of care smart phone based wireless electronic healthcare sensor. The candidate should have electronic and electrical engineering background to develop low power circuits for the project.
The candidate should hold a Ph.D. degree (or M.S degree) in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics or Instrumentation Engineering,
With experiences in:
1. Basic electronic circuit designing.
2. VHDL/HDL/ASIC (Application specific integrated circuit designing) and microcontroller design.
3. Electronic instrumentation: Experience in designing circuits for healthcare electronics.
4. Micro/nanofabrication and experience of CMOS foundry processes.
5. Experience in designing basic microfluidic structures using standard lithography
Skills that would give added advantage:
1. Experience in user end packaging of electrochemical biosensors.
2. Experience in developing smart phone apps.
4. Web design
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulation.
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
Please submit the following documents in English to Professor Amy Shen at amy.shen#oist.jp (Please replace # with @ before using this email address)
If your skills and research experience match the job profile, we will contact you by email.
1. Curriculum vita including names of 3 referees
2. Cover letter (in English)
3. Summary of research experience and research plans
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).