Postdoctoral Position in Theoretical and Systems Biophysics
The Biological Physics Theory Unit (http://groups.oist.jp/bptu) at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (www.oist.jp) is seeking a postdoctoral researcher with a strong background in physics, an interest in living systems and the ability to work independently. Current research directions include the dynamics of natural behavior, both on the single organism-scale and collectively, the activity of neuronal networks, and the more general theoretical characterization of order, computation and information processing in living systems. We are especially in applicants with strong theoretical and modeling backgrounds. Substantial resources are available for collaborative travel as well as to attend international conferences and workshops. Modern biophysics is an intimate yet rapidly growing and exciting field and the successful candidate will have many opportunities to participate in this growth, both at OIST and in collaborations from around the world.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
Curriculum Vitae along with the contact information for three references
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Biological Physics Theory/Stephens Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* For rules on external professional activities, please review our policy at PRP 3.7 and PRP 22.1.4 along with our OIST Rules for External Professional Activities.
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).