Postdoc/Staff Scientist in Experimental Cold Atoms
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
We are looking for a postdoc or staff scientist (5 years post PhD graduation) to work on experiments related to atom trapping in slotted optical nanofibre waveguide structures. Position is for 2 years, with possibility of extending up to 4. Candidates must have a PhD in a relevant area in experimental atomic physics (cold/ultracold atoms or ion trapping).
English is the working language of our university, located on the beautiful subtropical island of Okinawa. International level salary and attractive relocation package offered.
Group details: https://groups.oist.jp/light
University details: https://www.oist.jp/
Interested candidates should contact firstname.lastname@example.org including a CV, the names and contact details of at least 2 academic referees and a motivation statement.
Candidates must have a PhD in a relevant area in experimental atomic physics (cold/ultracold atoms or ion trapping)
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Curriculum vitae in English
- The names and contact details of at least 2 academic referees
- A motivation statement
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.