Postdoc positions in Organic Optoelectronics Unit (Kabe Unit)
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
We seek a postdoc who will work in the Organic Optoelectronics Unit (Kabe Unit).
Project: Development of organic glow-in-the-dark materials
- Molecular design and synthesis of organic semiconductor
- Photophysical analysis of devices
- Ph.D. degree (Chemistry, Physics, or Engineering)
- Communication skills in English or Japanese
- Experience in organic semiconducting devices
- Experience in polymer chemistry
- Experience in organic chemistry
Term & Working Hours
Full-time appointment until the end of March 2023. This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents combining into one file (MS word or pdf) to: oou[#]oist.jp
(Please replace [#] with @ before using this email address)
- Curriculum vita (CV) in English
- Names and contact information of two referees, one of which should be a previous employer
- Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
- Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (https://www.oist.jp).