Postdoc Position in Information Processing Biology Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Position Postdoctoral Scholar
Division Information Processing Biology Unit
- work on the project “Associative learning and long-term memory in C. elegans” and will try to elucidate molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the processes.
- present experimental results at domestic and international scientific meetings, and will write manuscripts on the work.
- Ph.D. with strong interests in science and technology.
(The appointee has been awarded a PhD within the past 5 years.)
- English Conversation (Japanese skills do not matter)
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years with possibility of renewal up to 3 years with satisfactory progress.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
Annual paid leave and summer holidays
Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
or send by post to the following address:
Information Processing Biology (Maruyama) Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Curriculum vitae with e-mail address
- Publication list
- Copies of key papers
- Names and contact information for 2 references (your present or past supervisors)
- Brief description of your past work and your research interest and also a short explanation of application's reasons for applying (less than one page)
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.