Postdoc for the Information Processing Biology Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
This postdoctoral scholar will work on an on-going project，”Transmembrane signaling”，and will try to elucidate molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the processes. The researcher will also be requested to present the work at domestic and international scientific meetings as well as to write a manuscript on the subject and publish it.
Ph.D. with strong interests in science and technology.
(The appointee has been awarded a PhD within the past 5 years.)
Term & Working Hours
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for two years (possible extension depending upon performances)
Working hours: 9:00-17:30
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How To Apply
By emailing your application documents to:
(Please replace [at] with @ before using this email address)
- Curriculum vitae with e-mail address
- Publication list
- Copies of key papers
- Names and contact information for 2 references (your present or past supervisors)
- Brief description of your past work and your research interest and also a short explanation of application's reasons for applying (less than one page)
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.