Part-time Position in Developmental Neurobiology Unit (Masai Unit)
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) will become a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best brains in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
Part-time breeding assistant
Developmental Neurobiology Unit (URL: https://groups.oist.jp/ja/dnu/)
Feeding (Zebrafish ), tank cleaning, and maintenance check for the equipments.
No special qualifications required.
A person who can work cheerfully and enthusiastically as a responsible member is even better.
Term & Working Hours
Term: Part-time, appointment for 1 year contract initially with 3 month probationary period (renewable)
Working hours: Mon – Fri 9:00-15:00 (12:00 – 13:00 break time) 5 hrs per day, 3~4days per week
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulation (905 yen/hour, transport allowance)
Annual paid leave
How To Apply
Please send documents via post mail to:
Mizuki Otake, Research Unit Administrator of Developmental Neurobiology Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
If you have any questions regarding this ad, please contact me at zebrafish-recruit-pt#oist.jp (Please replace # with @ before using this email address)
1) Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese with a photo. Make sure to write your preferred work days and hours, and point of contact.
2) Letter of self-introduction and self-promotion (about one page)
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
Application Due Date
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.