Occupational and School Health Physician
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
- Conduct health checkups, workplace inspections, maintaining work environment, health education, consultation with Safety and Health Committee, and other occupational physician’s duties which are provided in the Japanese law (Article 14 and 15 of Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health).
- Create and revise the school health plan, health consultation, health guidance, and other school physician’s duties which are provided in the Japanese law (Article 22 of Ordinance on School Health).
- Manage the OIST Stress Check program work with the OIST Ganjuu Wellbeing Service to provide a comprehensive wellbeing program.
- Provide medical advice on campus, including childcare facility.
- Serve as the OIST childcare facility’s physician.
- Provide professional advice to OIST task force team for COVID-19 countermeasures on campus.
- Various procedures for operating the OIST Clinic as an insured medical institution (including individual guidance at the competent Health and Welfare Bureau as a managing physician), as well as medical services and administrative duties at the Clinic. If the candidate wishes, register as a director of the OIST Clinic with the prefectural health center and provide basic health care to the OIST community.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and Deputy Directors. Perform other duties assigned by the Senior Manager, Occupational Health and Safety
- Qualified as an occupational physician or able to obtain an occupational physician license within one year of starting the position.
- Have completed clinical training and be registered as an insured physician or be eligible for registration.
- Ability to perform responsibilities in both English and Japanese. Qualified as an occupational physician or who is able to obtain the certification of occupational physician within one year.
- Experience in managing a health care team.
- Ability to work well in a team and cooperate well with others.
- PC skills in using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Work experience as an occupational physician.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience as a psychiatrist.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker's accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
* Up to 3 references may be requested during the final interview stage.
* Prior to the start of employment all new hires are required to successfully complete a background check. Personal information including employment history and academic background should be submitted to third-party administrators after a conditional offer of employment.
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view OIST policy for rules on external professional activities
- Further details about the University can be viewed on the OIST website www.oist.jp.
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
3-5 days/week, from 3 hours/day. (Standard work hours 9:00-17:30) *Working hours will be discussed in the interview.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.